Certified General Appraiser, Commercial Appraiser, Commercial Appraiser Trainee
4 Year Degree
* Identifies value to be estimated by studying appraisal request, problem to be solved, and scope of the project, such as, mortgage financing, insurance replacement cost calculation, estate valuation, tax appeals, equitable distribution, investment, or sale; identifying property characteristics.
* Determines valuation method by selecting approach and techniques for valuing property, i.e., cost, direct sales comparison, and income capitalization; identifying property characteristics and attributes.
* Researches and analyzes property information by collecting, verifying, and analyzing data regarding inventory of competitive properties, sales and listings, vacancies and offerings, absorption rates, demand studies, social, economic, governmental, and environmental characteristics, restrictions, encumbrances, covenants, contracts, declarations, special assessments, ordinances, cost and depreciation, income/expense and capitalization rate, history of ownership, and use of the property; conducting analyzes and studies, e.g., land utilization, supply and demand, economic feasibility, highest and best use, marketability, development, litigation support; searching databases; inspecting property; interviewing people in a position to understand the property.
* Develops an appraisal conclusion by evaluating information; reconciling various indicators;
* Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
* Maintains organization reputation by conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking current real estate values and property development potential, including land use restrictions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.