| About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE. |
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity.
Visit CBRE.com. Independently prepares market value appraisals on less complex real estate assets with review by Director, MD or SMD (one of whom must be MAI). Prepares real estate appraisal reports from start to finish on simple or non-complex properties, including all Appraiser responsibilities as well as performing detailed appraisal analysis in order to value real estate. May mentor trainees and/or develop new client relationships.
* Identifies value to be estimated by studying appraisal request, problem to be solved, and scope of the project, such as, mortgage financing, insurance replacement cost calculation, estate valuation, tax appeals, equitable distribution, corporate employee relocation, investment, or sale; identifying property characteristics.
* Determines valuation method by selecting approach and techniques for valuing property, i.e., cost, direct sales comparison, and income capitalization; identifying property characteristics and attributes.
* Researches and analyzes property information by collecting, verifying, and analyzing data regarding inventory of competitive properties, sales and listings, vacancies and offerings, absorption rates, demand studies, social, economic, governmental, and environmental characteristics, restrictions, encumbrances, covenants, contracts, declarations, special assessments, ordinances, cost and depreciation, income/expense and capitalization rate, history of ownership, and use of the property; conducting analyses and studies, e.g., land utilization, supply and demand, economic feasibility, highest and best use, marketability, development, litigation support; searching databases; inspecting property; interviewing people in a position to understand the property.
* Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
* Maintains organizational reputation by conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking current real estate values and property development potential, including land use restrictions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations for the purpose of conducting accurate appraisals.
* Contributes to overall organizational goals by adding to database, setting up a library, specializing in niche real estate markets, mentoring trainees, and engaging in client development.
* Other duties may be assigned
* No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
* Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
* May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university required. * Master’s degree (MA, MS or MBA) preferred. * A minimum of (5) years commercial appraisal experience. * (3) years commercial appraisal review experience and/or institutional review experience is a plus.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES * Must have General State Certification/License. * MAI designation preferred. COMMUNICATION SKILLS * Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Strong organizational and analytical skills. * Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. * Ability to effectively present information.
FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE * Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles. * Complete understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets. REASONING ABILITY * Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. * Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. * Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES * Must be proficient in Argus, MS Word and MS Excel. * Good writing skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY * Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. * Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. * Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans